TIJANA MIROVIĆ, PhD
Psychologist, individual and family psychotherapist, mediator
- Doctoral studies at the University of Belgrade, Psychology department(2012). Title of the thesis: Connection between family context, cognitive styles and mental health of youth transitioning from their family of origin to their new family
- Master of Science degree obtained at the University of Belgrade, Psychology department (2008). Title of the thesis: Connection between Parenting style and Early maladaptive schemas with symptoms of depression and anxiety
- BA in psychology; degree obtained at the University of Belgrade, Psychology department (2001). Title of the thesis: Strategies of anger regulation – regulating anger after peer conflict
TRAINING IN PSYCHOTHERAPY
- Certified Schema therapist, trainer and supervisor International Society of Schema Therapy (2016)
- Completed training in Systemic Family therapy, Association of Systemic Therapists Belgrade (2008)
- Completed training in Rational-Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT), Associate Fellow Degree, Albert Ellis Institute, New York (2007)
- Completed basic training in Compassion focused therapy, RECBT affiliated training center of Albert Ellis Institute Belgrade (2014)
- Completed basic training in Acceptance and Commitment therapy, Center for Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Banja Luka (2012)
- Completed Transactional Analysis 101 course, European Association for Transactional Analysis (September, 2001)
- Completed training seminar in Cognitive – Behavioral Therapy, Clinic for psycho-physiological disorders and speech pathology, Belgrade (March, 1998)
ADDITIONAL TRAINING IN PSYCHOTHERAPY (Workshops and seminars)
- A number of workshops in Shema therapy, Shema therapy with couples and Shema therapy with Borderline and Narcissistic personality disorders (with Jeffrey Young, Chiara DiFrancesco, Eckhard Roediger, Bruce Stevens. Joan Farell, Ida Shaw, Remco van der Wijngaart, Chris Heyes).
- A number of workshops in Marriage and family therapy with Mony Elkaim, David Campbell, Kyriaki Polychroni, Arlene Vetere, Ivan Eisler, Sanja Rolović, Annette Kreuz Smolinski, Haviva Ayal, Rodolfo de Bernart.
- A number of workshops in Cognitive behavioral therapy (Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and commitment therapy, Dialectical Behavior therapy) with Kelly Wilson, Kristene Doyle, Windy Dryden, Ruth Malkinson, Michael Bernard, Gordana Eljdupović, Olja Dukić.
- Workshop in Body psychotherapy with John Waterston.
- Workshop in Transactional analysis with Stephen Karpman.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING COURSES
- Training course for Mediators
- Nonviolent conflict resolution
- Mental health of children and youth
- Protection of women and children from abuse and neglect
- Learning skills
- Assessment of musical abilities
- Performance Wellness
From 2011 employed at the Faculty of music in Belgrade. She is currently as associate professor of psychology.
From 2001 – 2011 employed as a school psychologist in school for musically talented youth. There she attained experience in working with adolescents and their families, as well as with gifted children and adolescents. On these positions she acquired experience in working with issues such as performance anxiety, procrastination, learning difficulties, time management, goal setting, lack of self-esteem, dealing with stress etc.
From 1997 through 2002 worked as project manager for the humanitarian organization “The first children’s embassy” and as an associate in several NGOs in Serbia (Center for Antiwar Action, Jefferson Institute, K-Town Group) and USA (World Vision, Harbor House). On these positions she attained experience in working with issues such as poverty, multi-ethnicity, exile, loss, bereavement, adaptation to the new surroundings, trauma, stress, anxiety, depression etc.
She has written a number of papers and presented them in Brazil, USA, China, France, Germany, Austria and countries of South-East Europe. In 2001 her poster presentation “Adolescents in exile” (presented during 7. International Congress on Adolescence, held in 2001 Salvador de Bahia, Brazil), received an award from International Association for Adolescent Health.
Her research interests include topics such as: Early Maladaptive schemas, Parenting, Refugees and refugee families, Family structure and family relationships, Life-Span development and Family life cycle, Emotional disorders, Performance anxiety, Musicians health.
PUBLISHED BOOKS AND BOOK CHAPTERS
- Mirović, T. & Mešković, D. (2017): Explaining Early Maladaptive Schemas (EMSS): Connections between ems and basic personality dimensions, affective attachment styles and empathy, fourth chapter in Alexandra M. Columbus (ed.) Advances in Psychology Research, Nova Science Publishers Inc., New York (str. 45-82).
- Hаdžić-Krnetić, A. i Mirović, T. (2016): Afektivna vezanost, Rane maladaptivne sheme i stresna iskustva, Filozofski fаkultet, Bаnjа Lukа
- Mirović, T. (2015). Shema terapija, in Vukosavljević Gvozden (Ed.) Kognitivno bihejvioralne terapije danas: Razvoj i promene, Institut za psihologiju, Beograd (p. 101-125).
- Mirović, T. (2014). Growing up in Political and Economic Turmoil: The effects in Adulthood(2014), in Michael T. Garrett (Ed.) Youth and Adversity – Psychology and Influences of Child and Adolescent Resilience and Coping, Nova Biomedical, Nova Science Publishers Inc., New York (p. 117-132).
- Mirović, T. (2012). Family in Exile – Examining Risk and Resillience of Refugees in Serbia, in Olivera Simić, Zala Volčić and Catherine R. Philpot (Eds.) Peace psychology in the Balkans, Springer, USA (p. 157-173).
- Mirovic, T. (2010). Rane maladaptivne sheme – sheme koje prave probleme, Zadužbina Andrejević, Beograd.
- Mirović, T. (2007): Adolescents in Serbia and Montenegroin Jeffrey Arnett (ed.) “International Encyclopedia of Adolescence”, Rutledge, New York, USA
- Member of International Society of Schema Therapy since 2014
- Member of the Society for the study of Emerging adulthood since 2013
- Member of the Association for contextual behavioral science since 2012
- Member of the Association for cognitive and behavioral therapies since 2009
- Member of the Serbian Union of Associations for Psychotherapy since 2007
- Executive board member for Serbian Psychological Society (2003 – 2008)
- Member of International Society for prevention of child abuse and neglect ISPCAN (2007 – 2009)
- A Fellow of Salzburg Seminar, Session 366 – Urban Youth