TIJANA MIROVIĆ, PhD
Psychologist, individual and family psychotherapist, supervisor, and mediator
- Doctoral studies at the University of Belgrade, Psychology department (2012). Title of the thesis: Connection between family context, cognitive styles and mental health of youth transitioning from their family of origin to their new family
- Master of Science degree obtained at the University of Belgrade, Psychology department (2008). Title of the thesis: Connection between Parenting style and Early maladaptive schemas with symptoms of depression and anxiety
- BA in psychology; degree obtained at the University of Belgrade, Psychology department (2001). Title of the thesis: Strategies of anger regulation – regulating anger after peer conflict
PSYCHOTHERAPY CERTIFICATES AND TRAINING
- European Certificate of Psychotherapy – EAP, issued by European Association for Psychotherapy, since 2010.
- National Certificate of Psychotherapy – NSP issued by Serbian Union of Associations for Psychotherapy, since 2008.
- Certified Advanced level Schema therapist, trainer and supervisor, International Society of Schema Therapy (2016)
- Systemic family therapist, Association of Systemic Therapists Belgrade (2008)
- Rational-Emotive Behavioral Therapist, Associate Fellow, Albert Ellis Institute, New York (2007)
- Completed introductory training in Somatic Experiencing, Centar za Radost i razvoj (2019)
- Completed basic training in Compassion focused therapy, RECBT affiliated training center of Albert Ellis Institute Belgrade (2014)
- Completed basic training in Acceptance and Commitment therapy, Center for Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Banja Luka (2012)
- Completed Transactional Analysis 101 course, European Association for Transactional Analysis (2001)
- Completed training seminar in Cognitive – Behavioral Therapy,
Clinic for psycho-physiological disorders and speech pathology, Belgrade (1998)
ADDITIONAL TRAINING IN PSYCHOTHERAPY (Workshops and seminars)
- A number of workshops in Shema therapy, Shema therapy with couples and Shema therapy with personality disorders (with Jeffrey Young, Chiara DiFrancesco, Eckhard Roediger, Bruce Stevens. Joan Farell, Ida Shaw, Remco van der Wijngaart, Chris Heyes, Robin Spiro, Scott Kellogg…).
- A number of workshops in Family therapy with Mony Elkaim, David Campbell, Kyriaki Polychroni, Arlene Vetere, Ivan Eisler, Sanja Rolović, Annette Kreuz Smolinski, Haviva Ayal, Rodolfo de Bernart.
- A number of workshops in Cognitive behavioral therapy (Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy) with Kelly Wilson, Kristene Doyle, Windy Dryden, Ruth Malkinson, Michael Bernard, Gordana Eljdupović, Olja Dukić.
- Workshops in Body psychotherapy with John Waterston, Slađana Đorđević.
- Workshop in Transactional analysis with Stephen Karpman.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING COURSES
- Working with trauma
- Training course for Mediators
- Nonviolent conflict resolution
- Mental health of children and youth
- Protection of women and children from abuse and neglect
- Learning skills
- Assessment of musical abilities
- Performance Wellness
Since 2009. owned and ran Counseling center Mozaik where she works as psychologist, psychotherapist, program director and publishing editor.
Since 2016 served as director, program director, trainer, supervisor, and publishing editor in Schema Therapy Center Belgrade (the first schema therapy center in the region accredited by International Society of Schema Therapy). She gives accredited trainings and supervisions in Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, and Montenegro.
From 2011 – 2019 employed as teaching assistant, then assistant professor and finally associate professor of psychology and pedagogy at the Faculty of Music in Belgrade. She thought subjects related to the psychology of music, pedagogy, methodology and psychological aspects of public performance.
From 2001 – 2011 employed as a school psychologist in school for musically talented youth. There she attained experience in working with adolescents and their families, as well as with gifted children and adolescents. On these positions she acquired experience in working with issues such as performance anxiety, procrastination, learning difficulties, time management, goal setting, lack of self-esteem, dealing with stress etc.
From 1997 through 2002 worked as project manager for the humanitarian organization “The first children’s embassy” and as an associate in several NGOs in Serbia (Center for Antiwar Action, Jefferson Institute, K-Town Group) and USA (World Vision, Harbor House). On these positions she attained experience in working with issues such as poverty, multi-ethnicity, exile, loss, bereavement, adaptation to the new surroundings, trauma, stress, anxiety, depression etc.
She has written dozens of papers and presented them worldwide. In 2001 her poster presentation “Adolescents in exile” (presented during 7. International Congress on Adolescence, held in 2001 Salvador de Bahia, Brazil), received an award from International Association for Adolescent Health.
Her research interests include topics such as: Early Maladaptive schemas, Trauma, Personality disorders, Parenting, Refugees and refugee families, Family structure and family relationships, Life-Span development and Family life cycle, Emotional disorders, Performance anxiety, Musicians health.
She authored, coauthored, or edited the following books and book chapters:
- Vallianatou, C. & Mirović, T. (2020). Therapist schema activation and self- care. In G. Heath & H. Startup (Eds.). Creative Methods in Schema Therapy – Advances and Innovation in Clinical Practice (253-265). London & New York: Routledge.
- Mirović, T, & Tomašević, M. (Eds.) (2019). Trauma Naša priča. Beograd: Centar za shema terapiju Beograd.
- Mirović, T. & Meskovic, D. (2019). Empathy in the light of basic personality traits and affective attachment. In A.K. Bach (Ed.). Empathy: Past, Present and Future Perspectives (19-83). New York: Nova. Science Publishers.
- Mirović, T. & Meskovic, D. (2017). Explaining Early Maladaptive Schemas (EMS): Connections between Basic Personality Dimensions, Affective Attachment Styles and Empathy. In A. Columbus (Ed.). Advances in Psychology Research (45-83). Volume 126. New York: Nova. Science Publishers.
- Hаdžić-Krnetić, A. i Mirović, T. (2016): Afektivna vezanost, Rane maladaptivne sheme i stresna iskustva. Bаnjа Lukа: Filozofski fаkultet Banja Luka,
- Mirović, T. (2015). Shema terapija. U T. Vukosavljević Gvozden (Ed.). Kognitivno bihejvioralne terapije danas: Razvoj i promene (101-125). Beograd: Institut za psihologiju.
- Mirović, T.(2014). Growing up in Political and Economic Turmoil: The effects in Adulthood. In M. T. Garrett (Ed.). Youth and Adversity – Psychology and Influences of Child and Adolescent Resilience and Coping (117-132). . New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Mirović, T. (2012). Family in Exile – Examining Risk and Resillience of Refugees in Serbia. In O. Simić, Z. Volčić & C.R. Philipot (Eds.) Peace psychology in the Balkans (157-173).. New York: Springer.
- Mirović, T. (2010). Rane maladaptivne sheme – sheme koje prave probleme, Beograd: Zadužbina Andrejević.
- Mirović, T. (2007). Adolescents in Serbia and Montenegro. In J. Arnett (Ed.) International Encyclopedia of Adolescence (842-855). New York: Routladge.
- Member of International Society of Schema Therapy (ISST) since 2014 (National and Regional Certification Coordinator and a member Supervisor Skills Development Committee since 2019).
- Member of European Society for the Study of Personality Disorders (ESSPD) since 2019
- Member of the Serbian Union of Associations for Psychotherapy since 2007
- Member of the Serbian Psychological Society (Executive board member 2003 – 2008)
- A Fellow of Salzburg Seminar, Session 366 – Urban Youth
- Creator and initiator of “Trauma – our story” initiative
- Lecturer at the Cognitive-behavioral coaching education, Synergy coaching center, Belgrade
- Reviewer for the Journal of Adolescent Research (SAGE Publications) and Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry (Elsevier)